This papaya jam recipe is the ideal way to enjoy the sweet taste of papaya any time of year! This jam requires only a handful of easy-to-find ingredients and can be whipped together in a matter of minutes, and with minimal effort. The finished product is a delectable jam that is on the thicker side and is ideal for spreading on toasted bread, muffins, or even ice cream. Give this recipe for papaya jam a shot today, and you’ll be able to savor the fruit’s naturally sweet flavor whenever you like.
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Put the papaya, sugar, water, lemon juice, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large pot and stir them all together.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring frequently.
- Stir in the raisins and keep cooking for another 15 to 20 min, or until the papaya is extremely pliable and the jam has reached the desired consistency.
- Take the pot from the heat and let it cool for a while.
- To keep for up to two weeks, store in a covered container in the refrigerator.